Friday 24 November 2017

Welcome to Quilter on the hill

Yes, you've come to the right place but I have changed the title of my blog as I no longer commute on the Warrandyte bus  - instead I'm living the dream on top of a hill in beautiful South Gippsland in country Victoria. I've just changed the blog title but kept the same website address. After procrastinating on this for many months I thought this was the easiest. 



Anyway I've recently finished my Giant Dahlia top thanks to a workshop with Michelle Yeo at Gippsbeary Cottage where I found some gorgeous Di Ford Giggleswick Mill fabric for the final borders. Many thanks to Michelle for all of the step-by-step individual help she gave me to get that round peg into a square frame.



I've also been playing with some great red fabrics and cream shirtings to make HSTs for the border of Words to Live By. 




Thanks for your feedback on my last post on border possibilities. I'm planning to do a combination of HSTs & the black print fabric. Hoping to finish this quilt top by the end of the month for the 17ufosin2017 challenge.



Btw I'm also going to be on Instagram as I feel like I'm I've been missing out - might see you there! 


Cheers 
Carole

10 comments:

  1. Love the view.
    Love the name change.
    Love the Giant Dahlia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I will miss your Warrandyte blog name. The blog name is what first drew me to your blog. I was curious as to what the blog name meant. But I can understand the name change. I look forward to seeing many more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Giant Dahlia quilt top is just amazing! Wonderful job! I too, loved your 'old' blog name, but this one is just perfect as well. The hill view in your header is breathtaking!! I'm off to make sure I am following you on Instagram!! P.S. I just love your work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll follow you on the bus or on the hill!! I always get excited when I see you have a new post on my email notification. Would love to follow you on Instagram as well. Your work is very inspiring to me. Best of luck living the dream!! Beautiful view!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great to just change the name as I still have you coming thru in my feeds.........nice view from the hill...........now I hope we don't lose you to IG...........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carole....! Greetings from British Columbia, Canada. I too have an off centered crazy pieced flower to center on the medalion part of one of my quilts.Can you comment on hpw that is done?
    I am so taken with your quilts, simply lovely work you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline, please send me an email so that I can reply to explain. Cheers Carole

      Delete
  7. Striking Dahlia and love the HSTs. Beautiful HILL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning view, Carole! Do hope you're enjoying your new surrounds - big move. Gorgeous Dahlia quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well good for you! Must be fun on top of that hill looking out while quilting away! Love the dahlia. Hope you are having lots of quilting time in your new space.

    ReplyDelete