Thursday 7 December 2017

17ufosin2017 November update

It's hard to believe that this is the second last post for 2017. I've had a big finish with completing my Words to Live By quilt top. 


I used a different centre frame and borders from the original design because the 600+ HSTs weren't for me ;)


I have completed the centre and put on the 1st border for Sovereign.


And I've done the tiniest amount of stitching for a Twelve a days of Christmas border.


I really don't see this quilt being ready for Christmas, oh well maybe next year! 
Off-list I gave finished and gifted a couple of cute stitcheries on linen: Peace Dove and Partridge in a Pear Tree.




Thank you to those people who have found me on Instagram as @quilteronthehill. I even managed to post a little video.
Cheers
Carole




11 comments:

  1. Love your quilt Carole, the colors of Christmas.
    and what fun stitchery you have made.
    Like your picture of the hill.
    Cheers Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats getting your top complete. Can't imagine why you wouldn't want to make 600+ HST.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those hst's wouldn't be for me either. I think I have the pattern "Words To Live By" in stash. Always something else gets my attention and I work on it instead of all those stash patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo - It's so pretty your way, as well! Being almost finished with a dogtooth border, I can't blame you at all for skipping over 600 HSTs! The green border on Sovereign really makes it pop nicely, and I love your stitcheries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how, but I just found your blog today. Your scenery header is just so gorgeous. I could gaze at it for long periods of time. And your applique is amazing. I love your rendition of Words to Live by. Such beautiful work. And the fabric colors are great as well and although similar to the pattern, it makes it look so original. And your other work is wonderful as well; it makes me want to do more. Thanks for such inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie I'm glad you found me :) I can't respond directly as you are a no-reply blogger.

      Delete
  6. Hang up what you have done of your Christmas project. ...... Finished or not.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! A beautiful finish is the perfect why to end the year. Your stitching is always lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Words to Live By is just beautiful! I don't think you needed all those half square triangles--it's wonderful as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely stitching, beautiful words to live by quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice finish! I didn't want to make all those HSTs either. All the blocks are done, but still in a box. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete