Tuesday 19 September 2017

17ufosin2017 July August update

And yes I know we are well into September! Before I start on The List I would like to thank everyone for the lovely comments I received on my blue and cream AWS, I was quite surprised at the response to that post. Anyway since my last 17 in 2017 post I have completed my Value  Proposition Quilt - yay!

Value Proposition Quilt

I was really happy with how the borders went on - Jo Morton style. I'm glad I decided to go with the tassels hanging out which also gave a nice little inner border.

Value Proposition Quilt

I have decided to hand quilt this quilt and have been experimenting with some threads and needles with this kit from the Temulca Quilt Company


I thought I would have been well and truly over sewing hexies but no! I've already made a rosette for the label...

Value Proposition Quilt

...and with inspiration from different sources, including Karen's Empire Quilt, I'm thinking of hexing up my Aunty Green.



This beautiful quilt that I saw on Pinterest also inspired me. It was at this year's Sydney exhibition but I'm sorry I've lost the orginal source and the name of the maker.


I think this antique quilt was a source of inspiration for Karen's Empire Quilt.

Image from Bonhams

I have also been re-thinking my Reading the Fine Print quilt. I've been following along with Sharon's quilkt along on and off and was going to use a range of pieced blocks with the applique blocks. I really liked the block from this post and whipped it up in red and white.

Sharon's unnamed block
I liked the uniformity of Judy's version of this quilt (that all the G'nTs are making) with her pieced baskets between the appliqué blocks...


...so I'm going to use variations on Sharon's unamed block with different red and white fabrics.


A few more applique blocks for this quilt.




I have also finished all of the blocks for my woolly Words to Live By and added the red and green triangles.


I'm no longer sure about that border fabric but I'm liking the black and cream fabric in the centre - very dramatic!


I was hoping to finish Words to Live By by the end of Winter but so far the start to our Spring has been very wintry.

Last but not least I've finished one of the borders for The Twelve Days of Christmas.



I love the way each lady is slightly different.

Cheers til next time
Carole


14 comments:

  1. So many beautiful projects, and so neat sewed. And now wish you lots of time to finish them (lol) Cheers Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you have been busy! so many beautiful projects, I love the idea of more hexies on Auntie Green - you can never have enough! I also love your Fine Print appliqué blocks - lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My you have been busy! I adore your hexie quilt. Love, love, love the border! And you applique blocks are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful (appliqué) projects on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your projects are beautiful but your Value Proposition quilt is just amazing. I don't think I have ever seen so many hexies in a quilt and they are all so perfect. I'm sure the quilting will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I always admire what you're working on. Trimming the edges of those hexies appeared to make life much easier. It's a gorgeous border fabric you used. Great job on "The List"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Carole--so many beautiful and inspiring projects! I wish there were more hours in the day--I want to make every one of them--just like yours, of course--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt that you do not know the name of is a quilt that I recently saw but now cannot remember where, it may be a BOM. I love the hexie for the label! Your projects are so wonderful that it would take me 30 minutes to comment on each one. So I will just say - EXCELLENT WORK!!!! My hands are now fixed, just 3 more weeks and the left one will be out of the brace and I will be catching with all the wonderful Bloggers I follow MAYBE before the end of the year! (LOL what a joke).

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great projects on the go here. I am drooling! The text background applique blocks are especially intriguing to me. Really fun looking! And your inner border on the value quilt is perfect. Those tassels on the outside just make me smile.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many good things to view in your current blog post. You have been quite busy with your stitching. I love the fabric you are using for the border on the hexagon quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a great time reading this wonderful post, Carole. You do such beautiful stitching and I love how you've included your inspirations. Just a tad scary for me as that makes me want to do them all too! Btw, we say "knickers in a knot" here, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can never have too many hexies! I laughed when I saw the background fabric for the cow applique - I have a piece sitting next to me with a "funky" chicken applique! Lots of super projects!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mystery Quilt Name is Birden by Kim Siviour - It is featured in the latest Quiltmania magazine, page 29 bottom of the page!!!!

    ReplyDelete