Monday 3 July 2017

17ufosin2017 June Update

For my June update I'm going to start with something off my 17ufosin2017 list I've called this the Grandbirds Tree and it is a commission piece created for a family friend. The brief said the brighter the better! 

Grandbirds Tree
Grandbirds Tree


Now onto the list! I've had one finish with this knitted cowl. I don't really think knitting is for me (all that keeping count!). The variegated wool helps to hide a multitude of sins but it will keep me nice and warm this winter.



I've made substantial progress with the Value Proposition Quilt, I've finished piecing all of the hexies for the top and now I'm up to attaching the border.


I had envisioned mitred corners but didn't have enough fabric so I've made corner-stone blocks instead using colours from the border.

Value Proposition Quilt

Value Proposition Quilt

Value Proposition Quilt

I have made four but forgot to photograph the last one :(

My main focus at the moment is Words to Live By, its really nice to work with wool in this wintry weather and I've finished three more blocks...

Words to Live By wool quilt

Words to Live By wool quilt

Words to Live By wool quilt

It's hard to believe we are half way through the year, looking forward to making more progress in the second half. I'm linking up to the 17ufosin2017 June linky party, thanks Meredithe for the motivation to get help us get this far.
Cheers
Carole


7 comments:

  1. LOVE your Grandbirds project! So wonderful looking! And your Words to Live By blocks are looking beautiful. Always so much good stuff to see over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice projects to work on there.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always look forward to your posts, knowing they will be filled with inspiration and beauty. Thank you so much!
    Linda in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your Grandbirds tree :) and your words to live by, I think I have that pattern kicking around somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love what you're working on. The Grandbirds is delightful and I love your knitting advice of using a varagated wool to hid any goof ups. I admire what others knit but it really isn't for me. The hexies make great corners. Less stress than mitering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can tell that I will love the Value Proposition Quilt - Love those colors. Your Words to Live By blocks are so pretty ! Another masterpiece on the way. Please send winter to Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Carole! Your cowl will keep you warm - bet you're wearing it this morning!! Love the Grandbirds Quilt

    ReplyDelete