Sunday 4 June 2017

17ufosin2017 May Update

I told you I'd be back soon ;) Better late than never and I'm just in time for Meredithe's Linky Party :)
I have a big finish for this month (literally 2 metres square) - the Chester County Criswell Quilt!!!


I don't have a rotary clothesline any more so its hard to hang it anywhere to get a decent vertical photo.






Many thanks to Sharon Barnes who generously shared her family heirloom through her blog and pattern designs. I was lucky enough to swap a couple of blocks with fellow bloggers Chris and Wanda.




I have also made a lot of progress on the Value Proposition quilt - I've sewn all the rows together and just need to do a few setting hexies along the bottom, then I can start appliqueing onto the border fabric.



I've managed to sew 3 more blocks for Reading the Fine Print...







...and one for Words to Live By.




I've had fun selecting fabrics for this quilt from my stash. Hope I can source more of that fabulous French General border fabric. Now that winter is here it is nice to work with wool.



Stay warm in the southern hemsiphere and enjoy the warmth of summer in the northern hemisphere.
Cheers
Carole

16 comments:

  1. You have been very busy,love your Chester countrycriswel quilt.
    Chester Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your work is so inspiring - thanks for sharing! The Chester County Criswell quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work on everything, Carole! I love those "Reading" blocks -- so sweet! And your CCCQ looks wonderful. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work! You have made some great progress on your UFOs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on completing your CCCQ. And you put my block on the back! Thankyou. I would love to see it in person one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in awe of your gorgeous quilts and projects. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your applique is just exquisite! The background newspaper print is great, keep saying I am going to buy some but never see it for sale. Your completed quilt is lovely, one day I am going to do an applique quilt....but for now happy to admire yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always such a treat to see your progress Carole - beautiful applique! Looking forward to your 60 year quilt too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your CCCQ is exquisite. The applique is gorgeous and the quilting is beautiful. You've made a treasured heirloom. Then add in all the other projects you made progress on and it comes up to a very good month. I love the little applique blocks on the newsprint fabric. They're super cute. Of course, all those hexies are awesome and tons of work too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work, love your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning! the quilting designs are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy seeing what you are working on so much--it's all wonderful! The CCCQ is lovely--right down to the label!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Reading the Fine Print". Now that is an excellent name for the newspaper print blocks.
    I am still drooling over your applique quilt. I pulled out my patterns hoping to have some inspiration to start on block #13.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your finish. Nice progress on your other projects as well.
    That is a beautiful French General border!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely love those red the fine print blocks!! your fabric selection is perfect with that print on the back wonderful finishes as well.

    ReplyDelete