Friday 18 July 2014

Gossip Time

Last weekend I had a big run on piecing for Gossip in the Garden.

Marking up all the periwinkle star pieces with dots for joining.

Pinning and piecing.

Laying them out on my bed (must get a design wall!)

Part 4 all finished.

These periwinkle stars were a pest to make but it was worth it in the end.



And a couple tucked away for a later section.

Then it was onto Part 5. I just love all the block names.

A bit of starch always helps.

Shoofly block

Another shoofly block - same layout but  what a difference!

Nice colour combination.

Fork pins - another favourite tool.

Patch star variation block
 

Good ole Nine-patch


Pieced squares

 And I finished one of the stitchery phrases.




Well I'm up for another weekend of sewing, off to my sister's today and then an Appliqué Guild meeting at Kaye's on Sunday. Hope you have a great weekend too!

16 comments:

  1. lovely stitching . . . have a fun weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful … you are streets ahead of me Carol. Great stitching though and so nice and bright isn't it! I know I can't wait each month for my goodies to arrive from Lenora. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new project, Carol. The colours are really fresh and feel like Springtime! Hopefully Spring will be here soon and we can get over this very cold and wet winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Carole - looks like this project is made for you - such precise piecing and points! And a nice cheerful project for these wintery days :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're making great progress. Lots of work in all that pinning and piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see you are getting some productive sewing done. Looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful nights work love your progress so far !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very busy week but worth it! I love your fabrics, the blocks are great, and so carefully pieced!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love all the bright colors in your fabrics and your piecing is just perfect as always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm stitching some of those blocks this weekend too! They are pesky things! Mine aren't perfect like yours but I just want to get them done! XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blocks are so cute! I love watching the quilt come together--it's going to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely goodness here today. Your seams match perfectly. I love those fork pins. They do a good job - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this little quilt and can't wait to see it completed. Beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are you following a pattern, or making it up as you go? I guess I could go back through the posts to find that out.

    ReplyDelete