Sunday 2 March 2014

Appliqué either way

I've decided to machine appliqué Gossip in the Garden so that I can keep up with this BOM. I had a nice quiet Sunday finishing this section for block #1.

Gossip in the Garden block #1

I'm using a button-hole stitch as I think it suits this quilt.

Gossip in the Garden block #1

I've also been doing the hand needle-turn for block #16 of the Chester County Criswell Quilt - one to finish on the bus next week.


I hope you managed to fit in some sewing this weekend.
Carole

8 comments:

  1. Lovely start to your new project! you are a talent on the machine too - great button hole stitch - it does suit this cute project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Carole, I am sure you will have no trouble keeping up with the BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gossip in the Garden looks like spring and the button hole stitch really suits it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're in the midst of snow/sleet/bitterly cold temperatures and your Gossip in the Garden fabrics remind me that spring is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't you clever to appliqué by machine as well! Such pretty, bright fabrics for your GITG.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such us a lovely cheerful quilt to make you smile. How do you manage to do such beautiful applique on the bus? I can applique in the train (big pieces only) but isn't the bus too bumpy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth, you are a non-reply blogger so I'm answering you here - yes it can be quite bumpy on the bus but I've managed to train myself to hold the needle steady. Sometimes if it's a tricky part of the appliqué such as a tight inner curve I might wait for a bus stop.

      Delete
  7. Such a whimsical design with the teapot and birds. And a cute fabric for the pot.

    ReplyDelete