Friday 14 March 2014

Appliqué days

I decided to get out my AWS blocks and just randomly placed them on my 'design blind' to see how the fabrics and colours are going.

Antique Wedding Sampler revisited Di Ford
Pretty happy but going to make a few changes. The centre of block #2 needs changing (2nd row far left) and I'm going to make the hst's for the dreaded block #23 green instead of grey (bottom row far right). I really need a design wall because when the blind is down I don't have the daylight! Could be a project for Easter...?
I have finished block #5, my new favourite...

Antique Wedding Sampler revisited Di Ford block #5


I have also been working out the broderie perse for block #7, first attempts...


Decided less is more...

Antique Wedding Sampler Di Ford broderie perse block #7

Happy now.

Judy and I are going up to Castelmaine tomorrow for the appliqué exhibition. Please say hello if you spot us.


Cheers
Carole

10 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely progress on this Carole! the more I see of it the more I like it - and the broderie perse flowers are so beautiful!
    I will be there tomorrow - aiming for early - will be great to catch up. My head is reeling after a great day at Applique School today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and a lovely set of blocks showing your progress. I know what you mean about changing blocks, there a loads in my Nearly Insane quilt which I would change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a magnificent Quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All lovely blocks! I'm not sure which I'd choose as my favorite. Usually its whichever one I'm currently working on! I actually have two design walls with several projects on them. I would really miss not having one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are making lovely progress on your blocks, sometimes we have to adjust the earlier ones as we find our stride. So jealous about tomorrow, have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blocks, like the colors very much. Have fun at Castlemaine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blocks, just my colors! I would not change a thing but you are the one that needs to be happy, I think it is perfect as it is. I am so jealous, wish I lived close enough to attend the quilt show. Have fun and take photos to share!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty blocks as always. I wouldn’t change a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Carole! These are just beautiful!! I just love appliqué but I am new to the process. My thread keeps getting tangled and I'm not sure what is a good brand to use - there are so many thoughts out there on silk vs cotton. Could you please let me know the thread brand you use? I would greatly appreciate it.
    tfitzleahy AT sbcglobal DOT com

    ReplyDelete