Sunday 23 December 2012

Merry Christmas

  


I stitched some monograms for prezzies this year. These are from Crabapple Hill Studios, the Hopechest pattern.



For dad, I stitched the constellations of the southern sky. I got the idea from here and then found a map of the southern sky on the internet and traced it off the laptop screen. It fitted the embroidery hoop perfectly - which I left on as a mount. 


I used white DMC thread and Japanese indigo fabric.


Forgot to take a photo of the final finish :(

Off to prep the #4 CCCQ block to take away on our NZ holiday.
Merry Christmas and I'll 'see' you next year!
Cheers
Carole

4 comments:

  1. Aww, so pretty! Love your unique stitching! have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Carole.

    Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mongrams are beautiful. Hope you are having a happy and safe holiday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful handwork, exquisite details

    ReplyDelete