Saturday 8 December 2012

21 Today!

21 today - I've finished my 21st broderie perse block for my Morrell quilt so only six more of this style of block to go  - yay!


Sarah Morrell quilt; broderie perse


I like the roses from this fabric as they look old. I used needle turn for the vase and machine blanket-stitched the flowers and leaves.

Sarah Morrell quilt; broderie perse

Sarah Morrell quilt; broderie perse

I've also been working on Block #5 of the Chester County Criswell quilt - the crazy nasturtiums. I liked the way Sharon used two fabrics and decided to look at some pics of nasturtiums on the internet. I liked this one because of the blue hue in the leaves as I am using blue fabrics (instead of green).


For the stem I traced around freezer paper with a silver gel pen.

Chester County Criswell quilt

Chester County Criswell quilt

Then when I came to the leaves I was going to use the freezer paper and starch method but I couldn't get smooth curves.

Chester County Criswell quilt

So changed tack and decided to trace the shapes directly onto the fabric using the light table (box). I should do this more often as it completely by-passes the use of freezer paper.

Chester County Criswell quilt

Chester County Criswell quilt

Two leaves done and five more to go - one for each day on the bus next week. Then I'm on holiday for a month - woo-hoo!

Chester County Criswell quilt

I'd better start thinking about Christmas, might even put up the tree today.
Cheers
Carole

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful bunch of roses - so pretty in the vase! And it is great to see how versatile you are with applique - trying different methods to suit the job.
    Every Stitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rose fabric! Really beautiful!

    Your blue "crazy nasturtiums" are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new header! and your CCCQ block, I have mine prepped, I hope to get some stitching in this afternoon, need to take the dog for a long walk first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to get a silver gel pen. What brand do you use? Does it wash out, or do you make sure to turn the marking completely under?

    ReplyDelete