Sunday 30 June 2019

Dearest Lavender tomato block

I digress yet again from the original Dearest Boy pattern which had 4 strawberries, I decided to do 4 tomatoes instead.



I already had strawberries elsewhere in the quilt and I wanted to have tomatoes because I converted Lavender’s pen into a vegetable garden and grew some wonderful tomatoes.



This Lavender in her pen when she was a few months old, with lavender growing in the background - that's how she got her name.


And here is a more recent photo of her, she seems to be approaching the size of my car!


Don't forget to visit my blogging friends for their versions of
Dearest Boy...


Cheers 'til next time
Carole

8 comments:

  1. What a darling block! I love your tomatoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your whimsy. Your fabric choices are great. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. While you can never have too many yummy strawberries, your tomatoes look delicious! Especially love the way they are grouped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your tomatoes! they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both tomatoes look delicious. I really like your change of the pattern. Your lavendar is huge and beautiful in the background. Of course, Lavender is cute too

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to sew tomatoes! Love them.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came over from Maisie and The Boys blog... Love your tomato block and plan to look around awhile.

    ReplyDelete