Tuesday 30 April 2019

Dearest Lavender tumbling blocks & bird block

I enjoyed making the tumbling blocks as it was relatively easy just the placement of the blocks was a bit tricky. I love the secondary effect of the star in the centre.



I’ve also been playing catch up and finished my bird block. I didn’t really fancy the bird in the original so my sister suggested I use a bird from the Home Sweet Home quilt (Blackbird Designs) instead.


After some to-ing and fro-ing with the author and trying to draft the block myself I have temporarily given up on the Live Oak block. Thanks Karen for sending me some clarifying information. I’ll get back to it when I can muster up the courage :D 


Here’s the latest view of the blocks on the design wall, it’s starting to look like a real quilt! That big gap in the centre is just waiting for Lavender.



Don't forget to check out my blogging friends:



Until next time
Carole




10 comments:

  1. I love your block. I feel like such a looser. I gave up on this block. Maybe I'll give it a try again. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when I put the blocks up on the wall and it begins to look like a real quilt not just a pile of blocks. it is looking ready good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous blocks!! Love your pretty pretty colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how the tumbling blocks formed a star in the middle of the design. I like your fabric choices for the quilt. It has a different feel to it than what I am using. Always good to see what others choose fabric wise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks look so nice altogether and just waiting for Lavender to join them. I’ve never seen tumbling blocks set like that to create a star-a very clever design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely tumbling star. All the blocks look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is just lovely put up there like that! Well worth your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, that bird is perfect for this block! And great job on the tumbling blocks with the star shape. It looks so hard to match up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like your block also, and the blocks on the Design Wall!

    ReplyDelete