Saturday 30 March 2019

Dearest Lavender Hearts block

The 30th of the month and so it's time for another Dearest Lavender block. I really liked sewing this block because it was all needle-turn appliqué.


The original Dearest Boy pattern called for tiny 1/4" hexagon flowers. I chose to do some fussy cutting instead.


We have adopted another orphaned calf, meet Hettie.




Isn't she cute? 
And here's Lavender and Bruce, eating out of their new Munch Trough - and no, I didn't make that name up :D


Don't forget to visit my blogging friends who are way ahead of me on this quilt:


Til next time
Carole

8 comments:

  1. Your hearts are so precise. Nice stitching. And those flower shapes are delightful.
    The new calf is so cute. Who does all the care for your animals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. I really enjoy seeing everyone's blocks. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a gorgeous block...and lovely young cattle...they are a favorite of mine, remembering from the farm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you improvised on your block. Your calves are so sweet. A lot of work I bet. Hope Hettie is settling in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fussy cutting on those tiny hexies is amazing. And Hettie is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your fussy cut flowers are much more interesting than plain hexagons. Very sweet block! And so is your new calf. What a cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Hettie is lovely........and she has great friends.....so cute..........
    nice block too....

    ReplyDelete