Thursday 30 August 2018

Dearest Lavender update

I have only made three of six star flower blocks that are needed for the next two blocks that come together to look like a bunch of flowers.


I didn't have enough of the center floral fabric for the star points but I actually like the look of them with the small check fabric in the points. 


Some people find these pieced blocks easier - not me, give me appliqué any day! 


I have been busy wrangling our new border collie puppy, Maggie and finishing the binding on another quilt so I hope to show the completed blocks next update.



'Til then it's bye from the girls.

p.s. to see what the blocks look like visit Karen Cathy Julie or Doreen


7 comments:

  1. Nice blocks Carole, and indeed applique is much easier.
    Love your little calf and dog.
    Cheers Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful but I totally agree, give me applique any day! Sweet pup. We have an 11 year old Border Collie at the boatyard and he is as sweet as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabrics you chose. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the check points. This was not the easiest of blocks. Quite a bit of piecing with all the stars. You will get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie is so adorable--what a sweetie! I think the tiny check is perfect and your blocks look great! Hope the rest of the block goes together smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lavender's newest blocks are sweet. I like the tiny check too. A new puppy? Your life is going to be very busy. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete