Friday 5 January 2018

6 and 6 + 6 in 2018

Once again I am joining Anne and Meredithe's challenge for 2018 - 6 and 6 in 2018 but I am adding another category of 6 quilts that 'just' need to be quilted and bound so here is my list:


Did you notice that I have seven on the 'old' list (but who's counting?) and that little smiley face?
I was hoping to finish There's No Place Like Home by New Year but didn't quite make it so it became my first finish for 2018.
I started this quilt over 10+ years ago and the colours and country style now seem dated (which is ironic as I now live in the country) but it's kind of growing on me again and I like my sister's suggestion that it makes a good Christmas quilt.











Wishing you all the best for your sewing projects in 2018!!!
Carole 

13 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing progress on Aunty Green and especially on Dear Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt..... Congrats on a finish and goodluck with your list.
    .......

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely quilt, I think colours like that are timeless and don't date too much.... its very pretty.
    You have a good list there... will be fun watching them take shape...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt Carole. Wish you lots of succes with the new challenge. And a good 2018 for you and your relatives.
    Cheers Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am drawn to redwork embroidery for quilt blocks. Nice first finish. I have a finish too but can't show it for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's No Place Like Home is like a lovely quilt. No matter if she looks dated, we are all looking that way! Your embroidery looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful first finish for 2018. In 10 short years it's amazing how our color prefernces can change. Your quilt is quite charming and your embroidery is sweet. Now you're ready for the holidays next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your finish is wonderful! Thanks for the close up photos of the redwork as they really made the quilt come alive for me. How many strands of floss did you use? 2 or 3? I want to start an embroidery quilt and want the pattern to really pop. I usually use two strands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't do embroidery on quilts, at least not yet, but I sure love your clothesline.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the quilt even the colors. The redwork never goes out if style. It does have those Christmas colors. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why did you stop blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry Susie, the Instagram bug has taken me over!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen said you might be joining the Dearest Boy quilt along...how fun! I love your quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete