Monday 1 May 2017

17ufosin2017 April update

It's been a very exciting April as the Chester County Criswell Quilt has come back from the quilter. Katrina really turned this around quickly but did not skimp on her amazing attention to detail and beautiful quilting, I am soooo thrilled with how the quilt looks.


Chester County Criswell Quilt

Chester County Criswell Quilt

Chester County Criswell Quilt

Also this month, from the list I have made another cushion, from some interesting fabric I bought in Japan and some recycled velvet curtain fabric for son #2 and his girlfriend. Apparently velvet is in fashion again.





Off - list I made a little block for Marian, who is making a signature quilt 'Kindred Spirits'. I was thrilled that she invited me to join in. I really must update the name of my blog to reflect my move to the country.


Signature quilt


I haven't started the hand quilting kit yet but I have been working hard on my my Value Proposition Quilt and have sewn the first two rows...

Value Proposition hexagon quilt

...and the third row (of five) is ready to attach so I reckon I'm half way there. 

Value Proposition hexagon quilt

I nearly got 'my knickers in a twist' (an Aussie saying) when the way I had pressed the blocks wasn't working as I was joining blocks together, this isn't what one wants to see...

Value Proposition hexagon quilt

...I don't know if you can see but the seams do not want to lie flat where I am joing the rosette to the pathway. I always just pressed each rosette when I finished as a little reward to myself to see it all looking nice and flat without really thinking. Any way its nothing that can't be solved, just means more time at the ironing board re-twisting some of those joins and then thinking which way the rosette should go as I'm joining them.

Value Proposition hexagon quilt

I have also finished another couple of blocks for my 'Reading the Fine Print' quilt. 




This quilt is a combination of Jeana Kimball and Faye Anderson appliques and pieced blocks from Sharon's blog - that she is now turning into a mystery quilt along.

This month I also visited AQC and saw the most inspirational quilt that will guide my next MAJOR project. This deserves a separate post so stay tuned.

I am linking up to Meredithe's 17 ufos in 2017 Linky Party, if you want to see what other bloggers are creating.

Cheers
Carole



17 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That really is some amazing quilting on your Chester County quilt! It's looking really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilting on your Chester quilt, you have so many wonderful projects on the go, I love seeing your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your finish is amazing. The quilting is spectacular. You must be so pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Carole. You have some beautiful projects in the works. The Chester County quilt is so gorgeous. Congrats on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing such Beautiful projects,and the quilting of your ccquilt is zo gorgeous.Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Chester County quilt came out beautifully. I am a hand quilter so I really love it when machine quilting looks like it was hand done (at least from this distance). She did a marvelous job with your treasure. I love your hexagons too. Your "Reading the fine Print" blocks are marvelous. So cheerful. And my husband says "Don't get your nickers in a twist" ALL the time. He may have gotten it from his mother who spent a lot of time in England. I love the saying, but not when he is directing me to "settle down". Wink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you get tired of the Criswell quilt, just send it my way. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Criswell quilt is a heirloom and a masterpiece. What a treasure. The quilting is so beautifully done with so much detail. All those hexies are sweetly being combined into another special quilt, April was a positive month for you and your list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carole, I think you are the most talented quilter! It is such a treat to receive your posts and to look at all of your beautiful creations - each picture is just so lovely and exquisite! Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your quilt looks amazing.. the handwork you did is shown off so beautifully. I love your new blocks - it will be another wonderful quilt soon enough
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great progress on the hexagons! I had a laugh with you about your ironing dilemma - hope it all worked out happily. I've never thought how tricky it could be because I've always EPP'd and the seams are sewn down in the process - so many little seams. CCCQ is getting so close to finished - how exciting for you! Can't wait to hear more about "the next major project"!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning, beauffuful,amazing,work on The Criswell quilt. Love all your projects and will look forward to seeing the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilting on your Criswell is stunning and really compliments your amazing applique' work! This quilt is such a Treasure! Terrific progress on your beautiful hexie quilt and lovely "fine print" blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lots of great projects on the go......nice to see another row ready to go on the hexie quilt.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW your CCCQ looks AMAZING!!!!! I'm inspired to get back to working on mine!
    I love your little 'cake' siggy block.. thanks so much for making it for me :)
    How cute are those 'fine print' blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. More fabulous projects. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello. I've been piecing a GFG for some years now (ignored at times) and sometimes I have that happen on the back too. My project is not quite half way pieced in joining the flower blocks. Once I finish that I don't know how I'll proceed but I do look forward to one day having it completed.

    ReplyDelete