Friday 24 January 2014

Seeing stars

I'm beginning to discover that there are a lot of pieced stars in the Antique Wedding Sampler quilt.


Here is my latest finished block, 5 stars and appliquéd leaves.


This is how the block will look set on point in the quilt.

AWS block #12
I've finally worked out how to rotate a photo in Picassa to show this. Unfortunately my pics are still not very good as I am still using my iPad mini to take photos. 
I hope all the Aussies get to do some sewing this Australia Day long weekend.
Cheers
Carole

9 comments:

  1. Lots of work in your beautiful block. I hope to celebrate Australia Day with some stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabric choices the block looks amazing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, another beautiful block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Enjoy your stitching time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very pretty Carole... Love the colors and the appliqué is precious... Your hard work will pay off...Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The more I see of this one, the more I am loving it. Your colors are great, I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fabric colors immediately got my attention. Such a pretty combination. The star block design with the applique well done. I like!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking beautiful - and I can see there is a lot of piecing in that one. I agree with the others - wonderful colours! Enjoy your long weekend too.
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete