Wednesday 29 August 2012

He's a cutie!

Well, I think so anyway ....

12 Days Christmas quilt

I have finished the '6 geese are laying' block for my 12 Days of Christmas quilt.

12 Days Christmas quilt

 Last weekend hubby and I went to Bairnsdale for a friend's 50th birthday. On the way I manged to visit a couple of quilt shops. At Lily Lane Patchwork in Rosedale I spied some potential backing fabric - 'Acorn' by Hoffmann Fabrics, that I think would look good for this quilt.


 I also visited Candleberry Country in Yarragon where I was delighted to see Natalie's (the store owner) version of the 12 Days quilt in lovely soft colours. Because I had purchased the pattern (Viv's creations) she let me take some photos. Seeing her beautiful quilt has inspired me to complete all the stitched borders as I was considering simplifying it down to something easier...

12 Days Christmas quilt


12 Days Christmas quilt


12 Days Christmas quilt

...what was I thinking?

I really like the quilting that has been done down the vertical lines where the blocks meet, simple but very effective.

12 Days Christmas quilt

Thanks Natalie and Viv for letting me share these pics.
If you want to see more of the blocks I have completed go here.
Cheers.


3 comments:

  1. Simply desire to sаy уour article is as astonishing. The clarity to your put
    up is simрly excellent and that i can suppose
    you are ann expert on this subject. Fine togеther
    with your permidsion ɑllow me to clutch your feesd to keep updated with imminent post.

    Thaank you a million and please continue the rеwarԀing work.


    Here iss my web bloց; Improve Golf Swing Equipments Images

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete