Friday 14 September 2018

Dearest Lavender star flowers and baskets

These star flower blocks were such a challenge for me, I'm very glad they're finally finished!!!


There is an advantage to being a bit late as I was able to utilise some good advice from Karen.

I've always loved those postage stamp basket blocks so I decided to draft up my own pattern for this block, still using the little 3/8th inch hexie flower.


I'm happy with this cute basket and now need to make three more. If you look closely you might be able to see a little chick in the flower centre.


Be sure to check out the other blogs in the Dearest Boy 
sew-along: Karen Doreen Cathy & Julie

'Til next time
Carole

10 comments:

  1. What a fun block...I found the Star flowers to be tough, also!! I am making a different basket, like yours, also...those vine handles got to me, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your star flower block turned out really nice. I love the basket you drafted. We are all learning new techniques. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made blocks similar to your Star Flowers and know how difficult they can be--yours look great! Your little basket is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blocks are super cute, especially like the hexi flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. Those little hexie baskets are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your basket is adorable and the fussy cut hexies are super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!!! I love following along to see the quilt progressing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! I find it interesting that each of you made your own version of this one. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you struggled with your star blocks. Turned out really well. I need to get busy on the next block. I have been working on other quilt projects and time is flying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love you redraft basket block! So good to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete