Thursday 2 February 2017

17ufosin2017 January update

Yikes, we've tipped over into February already but here's my January update. Meredithe & Anne's challenge has really worked for me so far and I have three finishes from my list😊😊😊
1. The [Travel] Comfort Quilt - most of the fabrics in this quilt are from my travels in Japan and New Zealand. This quilt was designed by Leanne Beasley and the pattern is in her Vignette #3 magazine. It's lovely to have it on our bed during the summer months.




The little EPP tumbler blocks on the label were left over from a sewing box that I made, all these fabrics are in the quilt.

9. Sew Laugh Love - another Leanne Beasley design.


I really like the way the applique squares and triangles from the border fabrics blend in and don't you love the vintage buttons that I inherited from a friend?




15. Boro coasters - these were started in a BeBe Bold class.







I have also FINALLY finished all of the blocks for the Chester County Criswell Quilt - yay! As you know I have subsituted some different blocks into this quilt, the pineapple block below was designed by Elly Sienkiewicz


'Hospitality'
 I drew a pomegranate block from a picture I saw on one of Barbara Brackman's blog posts.



So I have finished all the blocks but now I'm struggling with the layout, anyway hope to have it sorted soon.



And I have made a block for the retro quilt from Sharon's blog.
Bow tie block
I have also been doing a lot of hand sewing of the first pathways for the Value Proposition Quilt, the done pile has now out grown the unfinished pile.



Thank you for all the encouragement I received about my list. This challenge has really motivated me and it's not too late to join in the fun.
Cheers
Carole

21 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing the CCCQ blocks!!! Yay!
    You know it was through your blog that I found it in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have making a lot of progress, all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of inspiration! Your first quilt is so lovely and serene, the coasters are to die for!! and the pomegranate... love it so much. I've looked at Barbara's picture many times and wondered if it was time to make my own and now yours is even more inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some lovely finishes Carole. You are zooming through that list and I love your applique too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My but you have been busy. I love them all, but especially your Chester County Criswell blocks. My favorite is the Pomegranate block that you drew. What a special quilt. Lots of memories in those stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were quite busy and very successful in January. I love your quilt label. I can't wait to see your February achievements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The "Comfort quilt" is one of my future projects, too! I looove the label you made!
    Oh, and your beautiful appliqué blocks - admirable!!
    Loved to read a blog post from you again!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of lovely project finishes, love the quilt label :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness you have had wonderful progress Carole! Beautiful finishes and I love the additional blocks you made in the CCCQ. They look like they always belonged. Can't wait for your next installment of UFO's :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved seeing what beautiful projects you worked on in January. The fabrics and colors of your Comfort Quilt are lovely and soothing. Can't wait to see what February will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow--you are making amazing progress! Your Comfort Quilt is beautiful and the special label you created is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have made outstanding progress this month ; I enjoyed seeing all the lovely tops and blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You accomplished a lot. How good it must feel to have the blocks done for the Chester Criswell quilt. The substitution blocks make the quilt more your own. May I ask why you substituted blocks? I assume there were some you either did not like or maybe the degree of difficulty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great post full of so many great on going projects and inspiration
    Your applique quilt is a stunner!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Carole!! Fabulous finishes AND progress on other projects too - I think you win the gold star! Love your finishes, particularly the boro coasters, and congrats on getting all your appliqué blocks done. Woohoo - keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my gosh I love your projects. That travel quilt is just gorgeous ... and of course the coasters look great . such a lot of stitching in that mini and gorgeous applique.... wonderful to see it all..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh Carol Im tired after just reading all you have archived last month LOL I can not believe you did so much WOW Love those wee coasters of sahiko quilting lovely lovely fabrics and a lovely way to use them. A beautiful red and green quilt its going to be stunning, cute cute pomegranate block will have to remember that one LOL Your finished quilts are all so lovely and interesting to study thanks for sharing so many photos a lovely lovely visit. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow such beautiful work Carole,so much inspiration,i love the colours you made your quilt in,well done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I too am really enjoying the 17 in '17! I've found it's keeping me more focused and motivated! It's also reminding me to avoid creating ufo's in the first place (and just try and persevere with a project until it's finished!). I love the colours of your first finish, so calming :)

    ReplyDelete