Monday 6 April 2015

April goals

Well March has been and gone and I didn't quite finish the last four AWS blocks but I did get three completed.
Antique Wedding Sampler Di Ford Block #19
AWS Block #19
Antique Wedding Sampler Di Ford Block #19

Antique Wedding Sampler Di Ford Blocks #22 #17 & #19

For block #17, I just couldn't get the centre right with the little heart, I felt like I was trying to fit a square (hexagonal) peg into a round hole and it just wasn't working so I changed it completely. Much happier now.

AWS Block #17
I've chosen the fabrics and started on Block #21. 



I decided to hand piece this block so that could fussy cut the bees. I needle turned the inner border by leaving the freezer paper on top as a guide.
Antique Wedding Sampler Di Ford Block #21 detail
Inner square for Block #21
Unfortunately I missed the boat on posting this for March's 
Lovely Year of Finishes. Anyway, my goal for April is to finish the whole AWS top. This includes all 16 triangle broderie perse blocks, 64 sashing strips and 40 corner stones. Yikes! I better hop to it. 
Wish me luck :)


19 comments:

  1. I love your AWS blocks. so looking forward to seeing them in person NEXT WEEK!!!
    you too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blocks. They are gorgeous and I love the fabrics. You are going to be quite busy, my friend. Best of luck. I can't wait to see it on April 30th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the goal - can't wait to see it finished. The blocks are all so lovely - especially 17 - fussy cutting perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some stunning blocks there. I have several of the same fabric and love how you have used them, lots of great fussy cutting! Looking forward to seeing the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blocks and best of luck with your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are gorgeous! I love, love, love them! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blocks the fabrics are stunning in them !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. More stunning blocks-- I hope you can accomplish your April goals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty, pretty blocks. Are all the fabrics coming out of your stash?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your AWS blocks are gorgeous! Love the little bees in 21! The alteration you made to 17 works and I like the change! It is a very pretty block - love those little daisies in the corners!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blocks are truly beautiful! I can't wait to see them all put together. You are a wonderful quilt artist!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looking blocks! Love seeing your wonderful progress and the fun effect of your fussy cutting.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The AWS will be great, I love the fabrics you've choosen. Good luck with the final blocks
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Carole I have just found your blog and love it. What a chatty and enjoyable blog to read, and great to find some-one like myself who jumps from one thing to another! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blocks are absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely blocks, especially like the fussy cutting! Looking forward to seeing it all put together. Maybe it will inspire me to finish my AWS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carole, what does AWS stand for? Your blocks are just stunning. I love the fussy-cut birdie and you have such a strong eye for color and design.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Carole, the perfection in your work continues to amaze me. Such lovely blocks.
    Good luck with your April goal.

    ReplyDelete