Sunday 22 March 2015

I've been very very good :)

I've completed two more blocks for AWS.

Block #22 Antique Wedding Sampler (re-visited) Di Ford
Block #22 Antique Wedding Sampler (re-visited)
Not too sure about this block, the broderie perse makes me think of galloping tarantulas (yikes! don't tell my SIL). I spent way too much time fiddling about to keep those 'legs' within the 12 1/2" border. I think this block would have looked better with two differnt fabrics rather than the same green on the inner and outer circles.
Anyway, this is what it looks like on point on my shiny new floorboards (and that's the only thing I'm mentioning about the kitchen this post - please don't ask)

Block #22 Antique Wedding Sampler (re-visited) Di Ford

I like this sweetheart block better.
Block #17 Antique Wedding Sampler (re-visited) Di Ford
Block #17 Antique Wedding Sampler (re-visited)
I really like the fabrics I used for this block.

Detail - Block #17 Antique Wedding Sampler (re-visited) Di Ford

Detail - Block #17 Antique Wedding Sampler (re-visited) Di Ford

BUT... the little heart in the middle seems a bit off-centre. Can I live with it? 
Is it noticeable?

Block #17 Antique Wedding Sampler (re-visited) Di Ford

I know I'm too fussy for my own good, perhaps I'll try not looking at it for awhile. At least I'm on track to have all blocks finished by the end of March, only two more to go.

Mustn't let anything else distract me....


...naughty Jane!

12 comments:

  1. Your AWS blocks are looking lovely. I am still debating if I will have time to actually start my first block but if I am going to be an member of the GnT gang then I guess I better at least start and bring along what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The block look great on point, love the sweetheart block !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are gorgeous! I so admire the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a good laugh at the ' galloping tarantulas' comment - but not true - you are the only one who would think that! they are both lovely and beautifully executed as always. Not asking about the kitchen but the floor boards look great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think these 2 blocks are so pretty! Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That galloping tarantula comment made me laugh! Both AWS blocks are gorgeous. I say live with the off-centre heart for a little bit and then make the decision about whether or not it will remain as is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are beautiful as always. Hmm....I think it is a little off centre. Probably will be ok, but if you're noticing it now you always will. I think DJ makes us hyper sensitive to anything that's a bit off. Handmade is often a bit off centre though....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it funny what we see in our own quilts? lol I think your blocks look wonderful.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blocks are fabulous!! As usual! If you don't want them, I'll send you my mailing address! Can't wait to see the finished quilt! XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've not tried broderie perse yet. Your block is lovely. You should maybe stop being so much of a perfectionist- take a step back- the blocks are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a brilliant blocks you have made!
    Beautiful colors and fabrics also. You'll go quickly.

    ReplyDelete