This week has seen me putting the binding on for my Morrell quilt.
|Cutting the 2 1/2" strips and joining them together - what a lot of binding!|
|Cutting off the excess wadding and backing|
|Sewing the binding on with a walking foot - I don't use any pins.|
|Constantly checking that I haven't sewn over my precious dogtooth points (ewww rather close).|
|Hand sewing down onto the background.|
I've just turned the corner after completing one side of the binding. As you can imagine this quilt is just too large and cumbersome to take on the bus so it's going to take awhile to finish at home. So, what am I sewing whilst commuting on the bus?
After I had sewn down one of these flowers for Auntie Green's Garden I wondered why the petals weren't meeting and I realised that I'd cut the circles too small. I didn't have time for more fiddly preparation so I grabbed this instead...
...the 'Sew Laugh Love' stitchery by Leanne Beasley that I just happened to have ready. I was inspired by Nicola's finish last month so I had mine prepared just in case. It was really nice to do some embroidery for a change.
On a shopping note, it's amazing what you can pick up in Ikea these days...
My doughnut and dead bird fit in there perfectly :)
I didn't believe this beautiful orchid was real but it is. The plant and the pot together were cheaper than a bunch of flowers - nice one!