Sunday 30 September 2018

Dearest Boy update

I'm afraid I'm still running behind but I've actually been looking forward to making the compass block for Dearest Lavender as I enjoy hand piecing this type of block.

Dearest Boy Block 2E by Jean Cerbone
When I looked at Cathy, Julie and Karen's blocks this morning I was thinking the block looked familiar and then I remembered that I'd made a very similar block twice before in my Antique Wedding Sampler quilts (yes, I've made two!!) designed by Di Ford.


Antique Wedding Sampler (Revisited) designed by Di Ford Block #22

Luckily I'd kept the templates and even have a window to fussy cut the long points so I'm already to go...


...but I still need to finish piecing my postage stamp baskets for Block 2D which are cut out and ready to sew.



Til next time
Carole


5 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you have templates all ready to go!!! Can't wait to see your block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous block design and the ones you did for your Wedding Sampler are gorgeous, as well as the quilting that I can see. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if your Dearest Lavender compass is like your previous ones, it is going to be beautiful! I'm impressed that you not only still had the templates, but that your could find where you kept them--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I don't think it would have been easier for me to re-draft than find my old templates. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The compass block has been made into some beautiful quilts by you. How good that you still had the templates.

    ReplyDelete