I was really happy with how the borders went on - Jo Morton style. I'm glad I decided to go with the tassels hanging out which also gave a nice little inner border.
I have decided to hand quilt this quilt and have been experimenting with some threads and needles with this kit from the Temulca Quilt Company.
I thought I would have been well and truly over sewing hexies but no! I've already made a rosette for the label...
...and with inspiration from different sources, including Karen's Empire Quilt, I'm thinking of hexing up my Aunty Green.
This beautiful quilt that I saw on Pinterest also inspired me. It was at this year's Sydney exhibition but I'm sorry I've lost the orginal source and the name of the maker.
I think this antique quilt was a source of inspiration for Karen's Empire Quilt.
|Image from Bonhams|
I have also been re-thinking my Reading the Fine Print quilt. I've been following along with Sharon's quilkt along on and off and was going to use a range of pieced blocks with the applique blocks. I really liked the block from this post and whipped it up in red and white.
|Sharon's unnamed block|
...so I'm going to use variations on Sharon's unamed block with different red and white fabrics.
A few more applique blocks for this quilt.
I have also finished all of the blocks for my woolly Words to Live By and added the red and green triangles.
I'm no longer sure about that border fabric but I'm liking the black and cream fabric in the centre - very dramatic!
I was hoping to finish Words to Live By by the end of Winter but so far the start to our Spring has been very wintry.
Last but not least I've finished one of the borders for The Twelve Days of Christmas.