Lots of appliqué being done lately.Last Sunday was the first get-together of the Warrandyte chapter of the Appliqué Guild of Australia. The lovely Veronique was our charming host and here is one of her quilts that was inspired by Moroccan tile patterns.
Bev's red and green quilt - gorgeous large appliqué blocks with a border she designed herself.
And Bev's current project - I've forgotten the name of the pattern.
Amazing hexies by Jane.
Lesley was finishing a Brigitte Giblin quilt as a group project for a very lucky friend. The fabrics were just fabulous.
Judy finished a block for the AWS I am making for my sister-in-law - love it, thanks!
I worked on Block #21 for the CCCQ.
This block was relatively easy so I managed to finish this off during the week.
And once again managed to have the pattern in the fabric match the appliqué design.
On the appliqué day I also sewed down some stems for Gossip in the Garden.
And when I got home I jumped on the sewing machine to finish the appliqué.
I even managed to dig out poor old neglected Auntie Green this week and finish a few flowers.
Today, to cap off the week, I went with Judy to pick up her finished quilt from Katrina.
You should have heard our oohs and aahs when it was unfolded.
Judy designed this sampler quilt with appliqué and piecing to teach some of her colleagues how to quilt, quite a few years ago (I won't say how many!). It has been hanging up as flimsy for a number of years and this year she got around to finishing the borders and it has now come of age with Katrina's wonderful quilting.
Phew - quite a week of appliqué!