I saw the blocks that she had designed featured on Sharon's blog here. I wrote to Kathleen and she very kindly sent me her patterns. I've got a new printer and some freezer paper sheets so I was able to print them out directly from her email. This eliminated the step of having to trace the pattern - yay! Love anything that minimises preparation. Technology is wonderful when it all works - thanks again Kathleen!!
Judy has finished block #5 for AWS. I love the birds in the leaves, the touches of blue in the flower heads and the small burgundy leaves. We both agreed that those small leaves were quite tricky to needle turn.
I've also finished block #7. I sew the first seam of the stems on the machine to save time.
And then slip stitch the other side by hand.
The finished block.
Hubby and I also had a weekend away in beautiful Gippsland. We started off by the sea...
...and then ended up in the green rolling hills.
We stayed in this B&B.
That had a lovely cottage garden with old-fashioned plants.
And leadlight windows - this could be a great appliqué design!
Did some stash building at Gippsbeary Cottage for a potential English style frame quilt.
And picked up the latest issue of Leanne Beasley's Vignette at Candleberry Country .
This is the back cover - love that bee stitchery (a label for the Honeybee Quilt).
Til next time