Friday 19 July 2013

My new best friend

My new best friend is a doughnut - but not the type you can eat. 


So glad I purchased this at the Australian Quilt Convention last July. They are very fine Egyptian cottons, just perfect for appliqueing Auntie Green's Garden. Great colour range and perfectly portable for the bus.


I've now completed 21 leaves for the centre wreath, hee hee half way there and only 19 more to go. I like counting this stuff as it gives me little milestone achievements along the way.

Winter sunshine on wet daffodils

Have a great weekend !








9 comments:

  1. Your stitches are so nice and small. I want a doughnut :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the doughnut......not sure I'm colourful enough to use one though. Beautiful daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot love without my donut. Absolutely the greatest invention ever, and I think possibly the nicest thing I've ever appliquéd with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one of those rings but have never put it to use. But it did not come with thread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those doughnuts look a really good idea :) love watching your progress with Auntie Green, definitely on my someday list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only problem I have found with the doughnuts is - I use some of the colors so much they are about gone leaving a hole in my doughnut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have one of those donuts too. They are great to take when traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilts. Thanks for sharing. Love the new collage picture of project on the header!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That donut is the most brilliant idea I have ever seen. Why don’t more people have this? Everything looks great with your little creation. Thank you for sharing. Happy weekend!


    Please visit My Webblog

    ReplyDelete