Wednesday 14 November 2018

Dearest Lavender update

I'm rather behind in the Dearest Boy sew-along however I have been selecting fabrics ...



...and drafting the Darting Minnows block for freezer paper piecing.



I've decided to use some orphan blocks from a quilt that Sharon was reproducing some time ago. I think they'll play nicely together.




However, I think that green border I added to the cactus basket is perhaps shouting "orphan block" too loudly??

Be sure to check out the other versions of Dearest boy here:


'Til next time
Carole

Sorry for some blurry photos - Blogger does not like to play with my phone/iPad :(


6 comments:

  1. Your fabric choices are oh so pretty. Is your cow going to be lavender colored fabric?
    I was thinking about you last week as I was trimming applique blocks to sew them into a quilt top. One of the blocks is a cow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous! I love your fabric choices; beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you are doing. Your fabrics are great. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are very smart working out the paper piecing for that block—looks tricky! Love it all so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why not include some of those orphan blocks. The framed cactus block does look a little different than the rest, but you never know if it fits in until the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love the idea of using some of the other blocks.:)

    ReplyDelete