I started half way through September so I'm going to keep going through October until I have clocked up a month.
All I have managed to work on this week has been the Chester County Criswell quilt 2nd Block - Elizabeth Cowan. This block seemed to take ages, probably because I wasn't happy with the first flower I did, I unpicked it and had to make another one because I wanted a more pointy look.
I also took time placing and lining up the flowers, I used the 45 degree line on a ruler...
I have recently learnt more about the back basting technique from this tutorial by Gail at Sentimental Stitches, sent to me by Carol (thanks!) which I might try another time, especially when separate pieces need to be placed.
Anyway it's finally finished...
I did also manage to fit in some online fabric shopping this week from Threadbare...
So much for using up scraps but I decided that I needed more small scale prints and florals for the CCC quilt.